.com.au and .net.au
A .com.au name is the Point Piper of Australian website address real estate for businesses. It has a high level of awareness and trust in Australian online shoppers.
To be elligible to register a .com.au or a .net.au domain name, registrants must be:
- an Australian registered company; or
- trading under a registered business name in any Australian state or territory; or
- an Australia partnership or sole trader; or
- a forign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an association incorporated in any Australian state or territory; or
- an Australian commercial statutory body.
.org.au and .asn.au
Domain registration available to "non-commercial organisations" only.
To be eligible for a .org.au or .asn.au name, the registrant must be:
- an Australian incorporated association
- an Australian political party
- an Australian Trade Union or organisation under the Workplace Relations Act (1966)
- an Australian sporting or special interest club
To be eligible for a .id.au domain name, registrants are required to be:
- an Australian Citizen
- an Australian Resident
Note: .id.au domain names cannot be used for commercial purposes.